The twelve houses acts as fields of experiences for the planets to express their significations. 11th House themes include:
- Support and benefactors
- Hopes and dreams
Roman poet and astrologer Marcus Manilius claimed the 11th House was even more fortunate than the 10th because planets in the 11th still had a ways to go to reach the highest heaven. The 11th is a fortunate place indeed. Known as the House of Good Fortune and the House of Good Spirit, planets in this house are climbing their way up into the midmorning sky via diurnal motion to crest the top of the mountain in the 10th. These are aspiring planets, ones that have their eyes on the prize and their hearts afire. The House of Good Fortune is where our ambitions lie alongside the people and the social organizations that can help us get to our promised land.
Whenever I see a packed 11th House, I know that friends and/or organizations are an important part of the person’s life. Oftentimes, their work is done in concert with a group of people. It takes a village to sustain an 11th House person and this village can be composed of fellow activists, band members, and/or sangha.
I recently joined Peloton so I could attend live bootcamp, strength training and yoga classes from home. As I was setting up my profile, I had the option to include hashtags to identify other people like me: my tribe or as Marc Antony says, Mi Gente!. Some of the top groups were #blacklivesmatter #PelotonNewbies #PelotonMoms #PelotonWorkingMoms #Peloton4Wine. All of these collections of people are an example of the 11th House.
The Sign on the 11th House Cusp
We can look at the sign on the cusp of the 11th to tell us about the approach towards friendship and/or how we accomplish our goals. Capricorn on the 11th is ruled by Saturn. This person may have few friendships in their life but they are solid and endure for a long time. On the other hand, Gemini on the 11th is a friend to everyone. These people usually have many friends from different walks of life.
If the 11th House cusp is a…
- Fire sign Aries, Leo and Sagittarius need freedom and inspiration in their friendships. They approach their goals and ambitions as conquests and great adventures.
- Earth sign Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn consider stability and solidness in their friendships. They factor in reliability, consistency and practicality in their approach to their goals.
- Air sign Gemini, Libra and Aquarius are drawn to friends who mentally stimulate them. They want a variety of friends. The research and learning process plays an important part in accomplishing goals.
- Water sign Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces want nurturing, intuitive, and emotionally supportive friends. They access their dreams from how it makes them feel, employing their creativity every step of the way.
Our 11th House comes online in a variety of ways:
- We have planets in the 11th and we’ve put them to work in our public life/career
- A transit or progression triggers the ruler of the 11th, the planet that rules the sign on the cusp of the 10th
- By progression: The progressed Moon or Sun enters the 11th House
- By profection: Profections is a traditional technique that elevates one house every birth year. We are in a 10th House profection when we are 10, 22, 34, 46, 58, 70, 82 and 94 years old. Here’s a chart.
- The Lord of the Year is located in our 11th House in our Solar Return and/or we have a packed 11th House for our Solar Return.
When your 11th House is activated, you might:
- Prioritize your friend(s)
- Join an organization
- Become a member of a group # PelotonNewbies
- Wake up to the dreams that have fallen asleep inside
- Aquire stepchildren or have them play a more important role in your life (11th is 5th—House of children—from your partner: 7th house)
- Get motivated to achieve your goals